At state regulatory agencies:
Position: Credit union examiner supervisor/State of Iowa Division of Credit Unions
The State of Iowa Division of Credit Unions has an open position for a credit union examiner supervisor. The responsibilities will include supervision and management of credit union examination staff located throughout Iowa. This position provides oversight for all IDCU examination and supervision processes for Iowa state chartered credit unions and requires overnight travel within Iowa.
The qualified applicant should have:
- Knowledge of credit union laws, rules and regulations of the IDCU; knowledge of federal credit union regulation pertaining to state chartered institutions beneficial
- Ability to plan, organize, evaluate and supervise the work of subordinates and encourage cooperation and commitment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to coordinate and provide oversight on joint examinations with federal counterpart
- Ability to make sound judgements and decisions and to evaluate facts, financial data and appropriately apply laws, rules and regulations;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to complete 100% of assignments on time;
- Four year degree in accounting, auditing, business administration, finance or equal to six years work in the examination of credit union records and financial reports; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience maintaining or auditing the financial or business records or as an officer for a credit union, bank, trust company, governmental agency or accounting firm; or
- Employees with current continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes experience as a senior credit union examiner.
Salary range $96,491-$177,000, based on experience, with exceptional benefits. The State of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit cover letter and resume by January 13th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
At the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS)
Thank you for your interest. NASCUS is a dynamic organization focused on the state credit union system. Unfortunately, right now there are no openings. Please check back again. And thanks again for your interest!