FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 2, 2016
SPEAKERS LISTED FOR 3RD ANNUAL CYBERSECURITY SYMPOSIUM
A dozen experts, in more than 13 hours of sessions, featured in program
ARLINGTON, Va. -- More than 13 hours of educational presentations, discussions, demonstrations and panel/group discussions led by a dozen cybersecurity experts from across the nation are featured at the NASCUS/CUNA 2016 Cybersecurity Symposium, Aug. 1-2, in Chicago.
The two-day event, held at the Westin Chicago River North Hotel, picks up where the first two popular annual programs (in 2014 and 2015) left off, with an emphasis on cutting-edge techniques, best practices and procedures that protect credit union organizations from the latest threats.
Among the scheduled speakers at the Aug. 1-2 event:
- Det. Mark Solomon, Connecticut Financial Crimes Task Force, Greenwich Police Department, on law enforcement’s view of cyber crime;
- Michelle Misko, Trace Security, on choosing the right cybersecurity risk assessment tool;
- Jim Vilker, CU*Answers, on cybersecurity, anti-money laundering, and identity theft red flags;
- Bruce Jolly, Reed & Jolly; Rich Schulman, Esp Kruezer Cores, LLC, on cybersecurity, breaches and litigation;
- Chad Carrington, Golden 1 CU, on six things you can do right now to improve your information security;
- Mick Kless, Compliance Education Institute, on preparing a vendor exit strategy.
Leading the overall symposium is Tom Schauer of CliftonLarsonAllen in Seattle. Formerly CEO of TrustCC, Schauer has practiced IT security, audit and compliance since 1986.He started his career as a security analyst and BCP coordinator at a $3.5-billion regional bank. He later led Deloitte's West Coast IT audit and security assessment team, performing technology audits for both financial institutions, manufacturers and others, including Washington Mutual, Bank of America, American Express, Boeing, Starbucks and other Fortune 500 organizations.
Registration for the NASCUS/CUNA Cybersecurity Symposium – which is open now (www.nascus.org/events/cyber-2016.cfm) -- is $895 for NASCUS- and CUNA-member organizations; registration for non-NASCUS/CUNA members is $1,095. For registration information, contact NASCUS Vice President of Education Isaida Woo at firstname.lastname@example.org; for program information, contact NASCUS Executive Vice President and General Counsel Brian Knight at email@example.com.
Patrick Keefe, Vice President, Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 528-5974