Proposed Rule Summary
Prepared by NASCUS Legislative & Regulatory Affairs Department
2017-21 NCUA Draft Strategic Plan
NCUA issued a notice and request for comments on its Draft Strategic Plan for 2017 -2021. The Strategic Plan summarizes NCUA’s analysis of the internal and external environment impacting NCUA; evaluates NCUA’s programs and risks; and provides NCUA’s goals and objectives for the next five years. The Strategic Plan highlights the agency’s three strategic goals and supporting strategic objectives, which are:
- Strategic Goal #1: Ensuring a Safe and Sound Credit Union System
- Strategic goal objectives focus on managing current and future risks as early as possible and promoting stability within the system.
- Strategic Goal #2: Promoting Consumer Protection and Financial Literacy
- Strategic goal objectives provide the actions to protect consumer rights by establishing appropriate regulations, enhancing consumer confidence and providing financial literacy and education.
- Strategic Goal #3: Cultivating an Inclusive, Collaborative Workplace at NCUA that Maximizes Productivity and Enhances Impact
- Strategic goal objectives emphasize staff effectiveness through hiring, training, and career development. The goal also focuses on good stewardship and gaining efficiencies and effectiveness through leading technology and work environment security.