Speakers Join Growing NASCUS Summit Agenda to Discuss Compliance, Examination Issues and the Future of Credit Unions
May 21, 2010 Given the changing nature of the credit union system and continued regulatory and compliance obligations, the regulatory and operational landscape for the state credit union system has seen pivotal changes this year. The 2010 NASCUS State System Summit will address these challenges and others, September 30-October 2 at the Marriot Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.
We urge you to join us in San Antonio as regulators, credit unions and leagues come together to ensure the state system continues to meet and exceed credit union member needs as the nation's economy recovers.
Summit speakers include the credit union system leaders and experts on today's critical issues, including:
- NCUA Chairman Debbie Matz on the state/federal regulatory relationship and pressing examination issues.
- John Annaloro, President and CEO of the Washington Credit Union League, on the future of share insurance and other critical issues facing the system.
- Guy Messick on the changing nature of CUSOs.
- Clifton Gunderson's accounting experts on the new merger rules' impact on credit unions.
- Bill Klewin, a compliance expert at CUNA Mutual, will share strategies for meeting today's increasing complex compliance mandates.
Sessions also include: Making Supplemental Capital A Reality, the Future of the Corporate System, Regulatory Reform - What it Means for State Regulatory Authority and State Credit Unions, and more!
For more information click here. For hotel reservations please contact the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk by phone at 1-800-648-4462 and ask for the NASCUS room block. The rate for credit union attendees is $225. The NASCUS government rate is $117 for state regulators and government employees.
If you have any questions, please contact Isaida Woo at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (703) 528-0796.