NASCUS State System Summit to Spotlight State System Innovation
August 12, 2010 The state credit union system's leaders, state and federal regulators and dual chartering supporters will join NASCUS for its annual State System Summit September 30- October 1, 2010 in San Antonio, Texas.
The event includes educational sessions featuring some of the system's most astute leaders discussing the key issues that must be addressed to preserve and strengthen state credit unions.
General session and workshop agenda items scheduled to date also include:
- What's Next for Credit Union Share Insurance? - John Annaloro, Washington Credit Union League
- NCUA Outlook for 2011 - Debbie Matz, NCUA Chairman
- Economic Update and the Emerging Risks facing Credit Unions - Jeff Post, CUNA Mutual Group
- CUNA's Outlook for 2011 - Bill Cheney, CUNA
- State Credit Union Innovation - Royal Credit Union's Purchase of Bank Branches - Charlie Grossklaus, Royal CU, and Sue Cowan, Wisconsin state regulator
- The Emerging Regulatory Giant - What Regulatory Reform Means for SCUs and State Authority - Bruce Jolly, NASCUS Outside Counsel
Further, the NCUA national and regional staff will join NASCUS regulators for the NASCUS/NCUA Interagency Dialogue on October 1. For credit union attendees, the annual "State Credit Union Issues Briefing" will provide a forum for discussion on the latest credit union challenges including the search for income and the changing nature of CUSOS. In addition, NASCUS' popular Directors College will take place September 29.